What Can A Professional Fire Restoration Company Do For Me?
If Your Durham Home Has Experienced A Fire SERVPRO’s Technicians Can Clean, Repair and Restore Your Home to Pre-loss Condition.
With over 27% of all fires occurring in homes, the danger is very real. A house fire can happen to anyone. If your Durham home needs emergency fire mitigation, we are available 24/7.
What should I do first after a fire?
Once your family is safe, and the firefighters have everything under control, the first thing you do is contact your insurance. Next, you call a restoration team that handles all aspects of fire damage cleanup in Durham. SERVPRO’s Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified and fire, and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) are well trained and have years of experience dealing with fire restoration. Immediate intervention is necessary to prevent secondary damage from occurring.
Scope and Assessment
Upon arrival, the crew chief will start doing a scope of the home. Through this assessment process, the damage to the interior, structural elements, and content gets documented. An immediate plan of action is written up. Restoration is the goal and is typically more cost-effective than replacement.
Beginning the Cleanup
Before cleaning and restoration begin, the crew will work on removing debris and charred structural elements. We can properly dispose of these items, so you don’t need to worry about getting rid of any waste. We then take steps to:
- Care for your personal belongings and contents – If the fire is limited to a small area, items may be kept on site but moved to a different area. If required, we will do a pack-out and move the content off-site to our warehouse, where trained restoration technicians clean your belongings.
- Examine structural elements – We make sure the structural part of your home that has been affected is safe. If portions need to be replaced, we take care of that too.
- Provide soot removal – Soot can cause corrosion and bond quickly with certain types of surfaces. Water from putting out the fire can add to the situation. Our team knows how to remove soot from the tiniest cracks and crevices.
- Cleanup water damage – Water intrusion is a problem with any fire that requires firefighters to handle the scene. We extract any standing water, plus we use moisture detectors to find and remove hidden water.
- Get the crew cleaning – Ceilings, walls, and other surfaces are each assigned to crew members. They then use the proper cleaning techniques needed for that particular area to remove dirt and soot.
- Deodorize and sanitize – Foul odor from smoke damage can embed itself into everything from furniture to insulation. We have special chemicals and procedures, such as thermal fogging, that removes the odor. We also make sure everything gets sanitized.
What Can Your Company Salvage?
SERVPRO understands how important the content of your home is to you. It’s not just a bunch of “stuff” that happened to be in a fire. It’s personal, some of it holds special memories and some things are simply irreplaceable. We can’t promise to restore everything in a house with fire damage, but we can guarantee to restore everything we possibly can. This includes things such as:
- Personal items such as jewelry
- Dishes and household goods
- Toys and children’s belongings
Why Do I Need a Professional Fire Restoration Company?
Fire damage can be far worse than you imagine, even in a minor fire that is restricted to one area. Smoke and soot can spread into the smallest spaces. HVAC systems help carry the sediment throughout the home. If it is a major house fire, the task of cleaning up would be overwhelming to the homeowner. Firefights use not only water but chemicals to put out the blaze. This means knowing how to handle those chemicals safely. Safety is one of the main reasons you need a fire restoration company like SERVPRO. You need the professionals because the typical homeowner does not have access to the advanced technology, heavy-duty equipment, and industrial-strength cleaning agents they do.
Entrust Your Home to A Company That Understands You
A fire can happen in a heartbeat. Your once-normal life is now in shreds. As homeowners and family members, we understand that. As trained professional technicians, we know how to help. Contact SERVPRO of North Durham at (919) 467-0880 for expert fire damage service. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.